Photodigm Inc は自社工場での設計・製造を通して、多種・高品質の商品供給を維持しています。
D. High-Power and Beam-Shaped DBR Laser diodes
Photodigm developed a special package to deal with the heat produced at high output powers, called Mercury™ , which is a <1cm TOSA-like (Transmitter Optical Sub-Assembly) accompanied by a flex cable of 2inch (~6cm).
Available for 780, 852, 976 and 1064nm DBR Laser Diodes, for output powers up to 280mW in standard (tested up to 500mW), and for 785, 795, 830 and 895nm diodes up to 240mW.
- Capacity to handle up to 1 watt of laser power
- Built in rapid response Peltier and thermistor for closed loop feedback temperature control
- Low thermal mass for rapid wavelength tuning
- Small volume (<0.5 cm3 )
- Flex cable breakout of electrical connections
- Available test mount for laboratory use (see Photodigm model TS-1000A, shown below)
- OEM and custom versions available
- See Drawing here.
These models are particularly suitable for LIDAR applications. You may find an article about Photodigm’s collaboration with NASA in water-vapor DIAL detection here.
It can be easily mounted in a heat sink as a OEM module.
Beam-shaped DBR Laser diodes
This package can be nearly collimated thanks to a proprietary VPS microlens (Virtual Point Source) which corrects the astigmatism and reduce the divergence on the fast axis. The shaped beam is then nearly Gaussian, slightly elliptical, and can then be directly focused or collimated by a simple asphere.